Phillip Island Event Calendar
MovemberWe're making change for men's health in Phillip Island. Give us a hand.
Wed Nov 1st
Ovarian Cancer Awareness MonthEach year in Australia Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month is held in February to raise awareness of Ovarian Cancer
Thu Feb 1st 2024
Total Results = 2
You or your Marketing Manager can list a Community or Business Event here. If you would like to advertise your Phillip Island event simply Login
Events in and around Phillip Island
Phillip Island in Victoria, Australia is not just a picturesque fishing village, but also a hub for seasonal fun and exciting events all year round. Whether you’re looking to experience the scenic landscapes of the island while participating in outdoor activities or immerse yourself in the cultural traditions of the area, Phillip Island has something for everyone. Here are some of the best seasonal events that people can participate in and around the island.
Phillip Island is at its best in the summer, and its events are no exception. Here are the events that can make your summer wonderful:
1. Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix: During the October long weekend, Phillip Island will be transformed into the home of the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix. The best bikers in the world will descend upon the island for a four-day event that includes high-speed races, stunt shows, free concerts, and a carnival atmosphere. This event is one of the biggest motorcycling events in the world, and it's too good to miss.
2. Phillip Island Jazz Festival: While jazz might not be the most popular music genre, it’s certainly a top event for holiday-goers looking for something different in the summer. During the summer, the Phillip Island Jazz Festival welcomes a wide range of famous jazz artists from around the country to entertain music aficionados. The festival takes place in late November, and its epicenter is the Recreation Reserve Hall in Cowes.
3. Australian Beach Volleyball: Held annually from January 1-3, this event features the best beach volleyball players in Australia competing on the stunning Phillip Island sands. The tournament creates a carnival atmosphere with free concerts, food trucks and a range of free activities to keep beach-goers entertained.
While Autumn might feel like a quiet season, it is packed with entertaining events and activities in Phillip Island. Here are some of the events that can make your autumn thrilling:
1. Australian Motorcycle Tour: This tour isn’t for the faint of heart, but motorcycle enthusiasts will love it. The Australian Motorcycle Tour is a three-day ride that begins in Melbourne and ends at Phillip Island, with scenic pit stops along the way. The ride takes place in early April, so expect pleasant riding weather and beautiful foliage in the surrounding areas.
2. Phillip Island's Winery Walkabout: Autumn is the perfect time to indulge in one of the island's famous events, the Phillip Island Winery Walkabout. Over the course of two days in April, you can explore eight vineyards scattered throughout the island that produce a range of high-quality wines. Furthermore, visitors can indulge in sumptuous food prepared by local food artisans while savoring the local wine.
3. Phillip Island Birdwatching Festival: During the Easter break each year, birdwatchers from all over Australia flock to Phillip Island to participate in the annual birdwatching festival. This event features tours to various bird hot-spots on the island, bird walks, talks by experts, and exhibitions by bird-related conservation groups.
Winter is a delightfully overlooked and underrated destination for holiday-goers visiting Phillip Island. Here are some of the events that can elevate your winter experience:
1. Antarctic Journey at The Nobbies: Visitors can experience Antarctic Journey at The Nobbies, a virtual reality exhibit at Phillip Island's new and award-winning attraction situated in the spectaculare coastal location of The Nobbies. You can explore an interactive exhibit showing technology and engineering developments involved in Antarctica's vital scientific research. A boat ride to Churchill Island is also available for a full Australian wildlife experience.
2. Phillip Island Chocolate Factory: Winter calls for comfort food, and what else can be better than indulging in chocolates made with love and passion. The Phillip Island Chocolate Factory has been a go-to destination for visitors on a holiday. The factory's award-winning chocolate is made with Australian products, and guests can watch and learn the entire chocolate-making process right from the cocoa bean to the finished product.
3. Winter Whale Cruise: Just because it's winter doesn’t mean the sea is off-limits. Winter whale cruises run from late-May to August to experience the beautiful winter migration of Humpback and Southern Right whales along the island's coast. The 2-hour boat tour provides mesmerizing views of the whales participating in acrobatic seawater performances, a true pleasure for nature lovers.
Spring is a fresh start of the year, and there's no better place to kick off your spring than at Phillip Island. Here are some of the events that can make your spring blossom:
1. Island Whale Festival: The Island Whale Festival held annually in late September, is an event that celebrates the return of whales to the coastal waters of Phillip Island. The 3-day event starts off with a Friday night parade through Cowes, an eclectic mix of events spread over the weekend focusing on marine life conservation and education, as well as food trucks, craft markets, music, and cultural tours.
2. Phillip Island Nature Parks Open Day: In late October, Phillip Island Nature Parks Open Day is a wonderful opportunity to have a close encounter with nature in Phillip Island. Visitors can enjoy free entry to attractions like the Penguin Parade, The Koala Conservation Reserve, and the Churchill Island Heritage Farm while getting up close with native wildlife. Special guided tours and activities are also offered on this significant day.
3. Agricultural Show: The Island's Agricultural Show, held in late October, is a throwback to old-fashioned country fairs. This event features farm animals, equestrian events, pet competitions, and vintage machinery exhibitions. It's a great way to experience the unspoiled charms of Phillip Island and mingle with locals.
Phillip Island Visitor Information Centre
895 Phillip Island Road, Newhaven VIC 3925
+61 3 5956 7447
Phillip Island Booking Centre
148 Thompson Ave, Cowes VIC 3922
+61 3 5952 1011
Phillip Island Chocolate Factory
930 Phillip Island Rd, Newhaven VIC 3925
+61 3 5956 6600
Phillip Island Nature Parks
1019 Ventnor Road, Summerlands VIC 3922
+61 3 5951 2800
Phillip Island Winery Walkabout
+61 411 668 440
Phillip Island Jazz Festival
P.O. Box 220, Cowes VIC 3922
+61 424 221 005
Phillip Island in Victoria, Australia is the perfect destination, offering tourists a plethora of outdoor activities, scenic drives, and cultural events throughout the year. From exploring native wildlife, scenic bike rides, whale watching, to wine tours and jazz festivals, there's no shortage of seasonal events in Phillip Island. So, embrace the local culture and plan your itinerary for a memorable getaway!